10018285 Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Financial Aid Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Director of Financial Aid in planning and implementing policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day operations of the Financial Aid Office.
- Assists in developing and directing financial aid strategies; ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and with the enrollment management objectives of the college; assists in administering financial aid, scholarships and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
- Remains informed of revisions and updates to financial aid regulations.
- Provides assistance to students and parents; provides information and assistance; resolves complex problems.
- Reviews and processes Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeals; reviews and processes Special Circumstances and Dependency Appeals.
- Oversees a variety of federal and state financial aid programs
- Directs the maintenance of department files and records.
- Coordinates and participates in financial aid workshops, orientations or other events.
- Plans and coordinates internal and external training for office personnel.
- Determines students' eligibility for the various financial aid programs by evaluating their applications.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses.
- Assists with hiring, supervise, train, evaluates, and provides work direction and guidance to assigned staff.
- Performs other related duties specific to financial aid regulatory requirements and day-to day operations as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of college enrollment management policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Banner financial aid module.
- Knowledge of federal and state student aid online reporting systems.
- Knowledge of need analysis principles.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Director of Financial Aid assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include federal and state rules and regulations that pertain to the awarding and disbursing of federal and state aid. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied management and supervisory duties. Strict federal and regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to assist in directing the college’s financial aid office operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, parents, representative of student loan companies, representatives of federal agents, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons, or to justify, defend or negotiate matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position has direct supervision over assigned personnel.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Knowledge of Banner financial aid management system is preferred
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Title IV Regulations and state regulations related to financial aid [preferred]
- Demonstrated supervisory experience (preferred)
- This position is exempt (monthly paid).
- Pay Grade 21
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018285 Assistant Director of Financial Aid 3.16.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D