10018185 Part-Time Library Assistant
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Library Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Part Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for the position of Part-Time Library Assistant. This position provides general library assistance in the library during evening hours. Employee does not normally work during intersession (between semesters), Spring Breaks, during holiday periods or other times when the library is not open, but opportunities to do so may occasionally arise. Maximum of 19 hours per week.
- Perform general circulation desk services, including charging and discharging of library materials, updating patron records, handling fines/fees, and issuing community library cards.
- Provides assistance in the use of the online catalog.
- Assist library users with software issues as needed (Microsoft Office, email, BrightSpace/D2L, etc.)
- Assist library users with technology issues as needed (computers, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Shelves returned books; performs stacks maintenance.
- Assist with processing of new library material as needed.
- Assist with the designing of library displays that promote the library, campus and community.
- Assist with training and supervision of library student assistants in the evenings.
- Perform closing procedures.
- Some college and experience working in a library preferred.
- Strong commitment to public service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability using computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Position will remain posted until filled. For best consideration, please submit application materials by Monday, October 19, 2020.
Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018185 PT Library Assistant – Cochran 10.12.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D