Academic Administrative Professional II - Faculty Coordinator - (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
This position provides local support for assigned clinical departments within the UArizona College of Medicine - Phoenix and acts as a liaison between the Office of Faculty Affairs and Career Development and each department. The department faculty coordinator will work directly with the department chair, other department leadership and department faculty to manage the process for faculty appointment, promotion and tenure, annual reviews and other annual projects. This coordinator is expected to work closely with multiple stakeholders, including representatives within our affiliate partner sites.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Department Appointment, Promotion and Tenure Support
- Coordinate the initial title process for new faculty and the promotion and/or tenure process for existing faculty.
- Coordinate department AP&T committee activities, including scheduling meetings, preparing packets, corresponding with committee chair and members and documenting outcomes.
- Communicate with candidates and others regarding the process, needed documents and asked questions.
- Coordinate annual reviews using UA Vitae for certain groups of faculty.
- Coordinate department faculty meetings, as needed, including scheduling event, creating and sending invites, communicating with speakers and compiling and finalizing PowerPoint presentation.
- Coordinate continuing medical education (CME) events for the department and in line with the CME Office's guidelines.
- Prepare department faculty reports.
- Assist department chair with other Faculty Affairs related requests, as needed.
Faculty Affairs Projects
- Coordinate the data collection for various annual institutional and national accreditation reports.
- Coordinate the annual verification of involvement for all faculty within assigned departments.
- Assist with other Faculty Affairs projects, as assigned.
- Be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and the use of shared platforms to compile, create, edit and store various required reports and communications.
- Draft and send communications to various stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate and implement strategies for ensuring effective administration to support the academic mission of College and assigned department(s).
- Provide professional expertise and guidance to faculty, staff and others related to Faculty Affairs policies and procedures.
- Maintain institutional or college records related to assigned tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
-Previous experience supporting multiple projects or managing complex schedules.
-Previous experience providing excellent customer service (e.g., healthcare, hospitality, tourism, other service industry).
-Proficient in the use of MS Office products.FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryAcademic AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$47,048 - $65,344 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade8 Career Stream and LevelPC2Job FamilyAcademic Affairs Job FunctionAcademic Administration Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date11/29/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.