Postdoctoral Research Associate I
Cancer Center DivisionDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona Skin Cancer Prevention Research Program in the University of Arizona Cancer Center has a strong internationally recognized program dedicated to the study of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer prevention. The expertise of the current faculty members encompasses a spectrum of basic research, clinical research, and drug development, allowing for vibrant collaborative efforts designed to address NMSC prevention. This team is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Assistant to contribute to their research efforts.
This postdoctoral position is available in the research program of Drs. Clara Curiel and Sherry Chow, to conduct clinical and translational research in skin cancer prevention.
This is a one-year appointment with an option for additional years with mutual agreement.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work- life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participatein the design and conduct of early phase clinical trials of skin cancerpreventive agents.
- Designand conduct translational research to develop scientific insights into themechanisms of skin cancer prevention by the agents studied.
- Designand conduct translational research to develop novel potential biomarkers asdeterminants of skin cancer risk and response to cancer preventiveinterventions.
- Designand conduct clinical and translational research in precision/targetedprevention.
- Presenttalks, posters and research findings at national and international conferences.
- Attendregular group meetings; manage, maintain, and order laboratory equipment andsupplies; and respond to administrative request and procedures.
- Generatenew ideas and projects for development.
- Assistwith preparation of grants and prepare manuscripts for publication in scientificjournals.
- Supervisingand training junior students, may be required.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, orrelated field.
•Knowledge in cancer prevention and cancer biology, •Knowledge in clinical research, •Knowledge in molecular biology techniques, •Laboratory skills in immunohistochemistry analysis and ELISA assays, •Interpersonal skills to successfully participate in team scienceFLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$45,000 - $53,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Clara Curiel, [email protected]Open Date:
10/12/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.