Admissions Representative - Wisconsin
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 337883
Special Notice for COVID-19
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience
- Valid driver’s license
- At least one year of experience in admissions, student recruitment, the transfer process, or multicultural student affairs.
- Experience recruiting under-represented students.
- Fluent in English and one other language eg. Spanish, Hmong, Somali.
- Ability to work in an innovative, collaborative, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to UMR values: evidence-based decision making; diversity and inclusion; respect; human potential; and community.
- Intercultural communication skills and/or a global perspective (e.g. international or intercultural experiences).
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, and take initiative, working independently without supervision.
- Excellent public speaking.
- Ability to relate well with high school students and parents with strong interpersonal communication competency.
- Excellent writing skills, including professionalism in composing emails.
- Ability to use and learn a variety of computer programs including Excel, PeopleSoft, and other databases; Slate or a similar admission database experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota Rochester.
- Knowledge of Wisconsin high schools.
For a full position description, visit https://r.umn.edu/admissions-rep-wisconsin.About the Job
We seek a highly motivated, energetic, admissions representative with an optimistic attitude, who will play a key role in sharing their passion for UMR’s Vision and distinctiveness; cultivating relationships with future healthcare students from diverse backgrounds; and providing excellent service to prospective students and their families during the recruitment and admissions process. The primary objective of the Office of Admissions is to meet UMR enrollment goals and to ensure a highly qualified and diverse student body. As a professional member of the University of Minnesota Rochester, Office of Admissions, the Admissions Representative will assist with the recruitment of undergraduate students to our premier undergraduate health sciences university. This position will focus their recruitment on the state of Wisconsin.
Our benefits include:
- University paid contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account – vested immediately
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates
- Free disability insurance
- 85% Recruitment of students to the undergraduate health sciences program of the University of Minnesota Rochester including but not limited to activities such as high school visits, college fair participation, campus visits, personal correspondence and accurate, up-to-date record-keeping.
- 15% Office of Admissions teamwork, application processing and professional development.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE:
- The Admissions Representative must be able to travel. Overnight visits will be required (travel reimbursement is provided).
- Applicants must be willing to work beyond an 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. work schedule to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Our Vision is to transform higher education through innovations that empower graduates to solve the grand health challenges of the 21st-century. We are a campus of care and innovation, with students at the center of all we do – including faculty research focused on the efficacy of educational innovation. We are a diverse learning community empowering undergraduate and graduate students to be responsible for their own learning and providing appropriate support to prepare them to succeed in a global and multicultural society (r.umn.edu/about-umr). With a diverse student body, we aspire to sustain our key outcome of equity in educational attainment and to serve as a demonstration case for other higher education innovators. Through creative partnerships, UMN Rochester aims to grow in size and influence with an approved plan in progress that includes three distinct phases of expansion. For additional information, see recent features of this campus in The Washington Post, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and The Hechinger Report. To learn more about Rochester, MN, please visit Experience Rochester and Diversity in Rochester.How To Apply
Active review of applications will begin November 4, 2020. Applications must be submitted online at https://humanresources.umn.edu/content/find-job. Search postings for Job Requisition #337883 for application instructions and links. Applicants must attach to the online application (1) a cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) diversity statement. To add required/additional documents click on My Job Applications, then My Cover Letters and Attachments. For more information, contact [email protected]
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.