Assistant Professor Business Analytics
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleAssistant Professor Business AnalyticsDepartmentDAL-Business-516100College/SchoolSchool of BusinessJob LocationDallasFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor Business Analytics starting in Fall 2021. UNT Dallas – the first public institution of higher education in the city of Dallas offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university.Position Summary
Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 students to 3500 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT
Dallas currently offers a full range of courses leading to under-graduate degrees, and graduate courses leading to master’s degrees. UNT Dallas, already among the most diverse universities in the nation, accepted its first freshman class in Fall 2010. For more information about the university, go to http://dallas.unt.edu/.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications.
- An earned doctoral degree in Business Analytics or closely related field, preferably from an AACBS-accredited institution and a record as a publishing scholar commensurate with rank.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses in Decision Sciences (DSCI) or Information Systems (BCIS) courses.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be permanently located in the DFW Metroplex by Sept 1, 2021 and able to commit to academic responsibilities up to 5 days per week.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications.
- Industry certification and/or professional experience, particularly in R, Tableau, and/or Access.
- Experience using technology in teaching, and experience teaching hybrid web or online courses.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency in both methodology and tool selection.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff and faculty.
This position is a tenure-track position which will be responsible for teaching four courses per semester and engaging in quality applied research/scholarly activities. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in service activities to grow a fledging program such as curriculum development, student recruiting, program assessment, program development and leadership, student advisement, and committee leadership.Required License / Registration / CertificationPhysical RequirementsLifting up to 25 pounds, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, WalkingArea of SpecialtySecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University VehicleNoPosting NumberF166PSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant’s interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcripts through https://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. Applications must be received by May 1, 2021 to receive full consideration.
For additional information contact the Dean of School of Business, Dr. Karen Shumway by electronic mail [email protected] or 972.338.1613.Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/36010Position End Date (if temporary)Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an earned doctoral degree in Business Analytics or closely related field, preferably from an AACBS-accredited institution and a record as a publishing scholar commensurate with rank?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Research Interests