Assistant Professor Construction Engineering
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-12
Job TitleAssistant Professor Construction EngineeringAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentEngineering & TechnologyProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Engineering & Technology at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Construction Engineering faculty position. Faculty at Texas A&M University- Commerce are required to teach, conduct scholarly and research activities (including external research grants) and to contribute service to their discipline, the university and to the community. Faculty are also required to advise students and to interact with local business/industry related to their discipline. Teaching assignments will be from a wide range of construction engineering and construction management topics with more focus on construction management courses. Faculty are expected to have current professional knowledge of the construction engineering and related fields. Experience in the use of Building Informational Modeling (BIM) is highly desirable. Potential internal seed funding may be available to enhance research laboratory equipment and/or innovative research projects related to the field of study. This is a 9-month appointment with a desired start date of Fall 2021.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct scholarly and research activities (including external research grants);
- Advise students;
- Interact with local business/industry related to their discipline;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Earned master or doctorate from an ABET accredited U.S. Institution of higher learning with a major field of study in construction engineering, civil engineering, construction management, or a closely related discipline, with an emphasis on construction management. (ABD will be considered but degree must be in hand by the start of employment).
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Prior relevant industry experience.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: A current Professional Engineer’s license from Texas (or one that will transfer to Texas) or the ability to obtain Texas PE license
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Evidence of teaching excellence in higher education
- A record of scholarship; publications, presentations, and grant proposals
- Successful record of obtaining external research grants
- Experience with online course development and instruction
- Experience with and/or knowledge of ABET accreditation
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Fluent oral and written communication skills
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.