Position Title:Procurement Director Position Number:10042181 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:11/06/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Director of Procurement. The Director of Procurement establishes strategies, controls, processes, techniques, evaluation criteria, and policies and procedures in the areas under their purview, and consults with and advises the campus leadership as appropriate.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily operations of the university's procurement activities and property controls to ensure timely, accurate, and service-oriented support to the campus, in compliance with State, Federal, and BOR regulations and university policies. Manages day to day operations of Purchase Orders (current and delinquent), eProcurement Administration, Procurement Card program, Contract Management and Logistical Services.
- Implements and ensures campus awareness of DOAS and BOR mandated procurement policies and procedures. Ensures the university's success in meeting state goals and directives related to purchasing. Participates in the preparation of analysis and reports to university administrators and appropriate external agencies.
- Represents the Procurement department to the public, vendors, and university community.
- Responsible for advancing the use of technology in all procurement functions.
- Provides oversight for competitive bid processes. Conducts and processes the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Oversees compliance with campus inventory processes and ensures compliance with appropriate asset management procedures. Verifies that capital equipment is properly labeled, inventoried and safeguarded.
- Ensures Direct Reports’ professional development and maintenance of their acquired skills through formal training opportunities as well as informal on-the-job training and participation in cross-functional processes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills in a cooperative management style.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of Purchasing administration experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Business Services, Finance, Materials Management, or Purchasing within the University System of Georgia
- Day-to-day responsibilities require cell phone for frequent response to urgent UNG business at any time of the day or night.
- Working knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft Financials and the Works purchasing card management system is preferred.
- GCPM preferred, CPPO preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.