Vice President, Instructional Services
Vice President, Instructional Services
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 11/2/2020
Position Number: 008078
Location: San Diego Miramar College
Position Type: Academic
Under the general supervision of the President, plan, organize, coordinate and direct instructional programs at the San Diego Miramar College.
Incumbents also may act as chief administrative officer for the college in the absence of the President, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Training and Experience:
Both of the following: (a) Master’s degree; AND (b) One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment
President P. Wesley Lundburg invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position of Vice President, Instructional Services at San Diego Miramar College. San Diego Miramar College is a fastgrowing and innovative college with a freshly adopted focus on equity, diversity, and inclusion as it moves into a new era. We are looking for a VP of Instruction who is deeply committed to student success and identifying and then implementing continuously improved plans for increasing access to higher education for all demographics, but particularly ensuring access for underprivileged students. At the core, we are looking for a VP of Instruction who can demonstrate evidence of the following desired qualifications:
1. Experience developing, implementing, and managing a broad range of instructional services and programs that include academic, career, and technical education.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead equity minded instructional activities by including enrollment management, program review, and outcomes assessment.
3. Demonstrated ability to build consensus with a leadership style that is inclusive and collaborative while effectively contributing in a participatory governance environment.
4. Experience developing budgets and prioritizing resources that promote an instructional culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
5. Experience interpreting and applying local, state and federal regulations, initiatives, and District policies and procedures.
6. Knowledge of student enrollment trends for academic, career and technical education programs that will meet the needs of a diverse community and its partners.
7. Experience successfully managing and implementing collective bargaining agreements.
8. Experience as a full-time instructional faculty member who has been granted tenure or has been vetted via an equivalent system specific process.
9. Experience with conflict resolution, mediation amongst groups or individuals, facilitating civil, constructive, and collaborative resolutions.
10. Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and classified professionals.
Range 20 ($10,927.64 - $17,784.93) per month based on the current Management Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement is commensurate with related experience and promotional rules. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid: medical, dental, and vision plans; sick and vacation leave; and opportunities for professional development. Initial Salary Placement, Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the Management Employees Handbook. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency