Financial Analyst 3 (7709U) 11845
Financial Analyst 3 (7709U) 11845 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 23, 2020
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR) oversees 55 multidisciplinary research units, including six museums, and six remote location field stations/reserves; administers the flow of research funding to the Berkeley campus and oversees research support units, including the compliance of campus research with federal, state and university regulations. The VCR plays a major role in campus-wide research policy development, as well as design and oversight of long-range strategic planning.
- Performs complex financial or resource research and studies for both internal department and external campus constituents. Examples include generating, modifying, and conceiving of new financial or other resource reports, analyzing and forecasting budgets, gifts, endowments, or user fees, and making recommendations for maximizing financial or other resource outcomes.
- Responsible for distributing monthly projections and reports to unit directors/managers; performing monthly/quarterly key controls review; budget forecasting that complies with division and campus systems; processing financial transactions that comply with campus, university and external policies and procedures; and assisting units with information for annual reviews.
- Coordinates and implements unit budget allocations. Applies professional concepts to perform highly complex analysis to understand past performance and possible trends for future performance and/or resource allocations.
- Responsible for analyzing and forecasting budgets; analyzing the use of restricted gift and endowment funds; communicating and coordinating monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc financial reviews with department director, manager and/or staff; and for meeting all fiscal close procedures and deadlines.
- Plans, formulates and justifies recharge rates and policies for financial viability of each recharge unit. Coordinates recharge billing for all recharge services including invoicing external customers and following-up to ensure payment is received. Develops innovative resolutions to highly complex recharge and self-supporting operations and develops policy recommendations.
- The incumbent will be expected to establish and achieve annual learning objectives for skill-building and professional development. Learning opportunities may include self-directed activities (such as recommended reading or participation in online courses) and/or programs, courses and activities assigned by the incumbent's supervisor. The incumbent will be expected to share key lessons learned with co-workers at the conclusion of each activity, and to incorporate lessons into work performance.
FUNCTIONAL FINANCE COMMUNICATION:
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range is $70,000 - $80,000/annually
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=11845&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency