Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full time position of Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication. The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communication assists the Director of Marketing and Communication for the management and oversight of the Marketing and Communication department in the areas of planning, coordination and evaluation for all marketing, communication, branding and advertising activities while maintaining consistency with the mission, vision, values, and goals of the College.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when submitting their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
- Build and maintain appropriate institutional and programmatic brand identities and strive to enhance those brands in the marketplace
- Oversee integrated marketing, advertising and public communication efforts in support of the College brand(s) and identified strategic or tactical objectives in correlation with the Director of Marketing and
- Utilize market research and marketing impact reports as directed by the Director of Marketing and Communication
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communication in external communication and public relations efforts
- Serve and assist as liaison to Marketing and Communication Advisory Committee as assigned
- Assist as media relations contact person as assigned
- Assist with the development and implementation of contracted services contracts
- Oversee project scheduling and design direction with input from Director of Marketing
- Assists in the development of new marketing and communication initiatives
- Oversee communication, marketing and social media functions, staff and volunteers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Exemplary written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of corporate/brand marketing, communication and advertising techniques
- Knowledge and experience in developing effective marketing and communication plans
- The ability to identify and adhere to industry best practice standards
- Working knowledge of the conduct and analysis of market and communication research
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following skill areas:
- Visual/ Graphic Design using Adobe Creative Suite or similar software
- Usable knowledge of photography/videography, web design/ social media with content management software knowledge
- Demonstrable effectiveness as a writer/presenter
- Supervisory and teamwork skills and experience
Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in marketing, communication, advertising or brand management, preferably in a not-for-profit setting. Experience in a higher education environment is highly desirable.
Required Educational Background:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Supervises following staff:
Coordinator of Web Administration and Communication; Marketing and Communication Specialist, student interns and volunteers.
Some evenings and weekends are required. Must be able to travel as required. Other duties as required and assigned.