Retention Specialist, Business & Technology Programs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Collaborate with faculty and provide an additional layer of support and guidance to assist students in the business and technology programs in the development of personal/ academic skills to successfully complete their program and be gain entry into their chosen career.
1. Collaborate with faculty to support and develop academic skills and professionalism with students.
2. Meet with students individually or in small groups to facilitate retention activities.
3. Respond in a timely manner to student and faculty inquiries.
4. Facilitate communication between faculty and student as necessary.
5. Research and keep current on best practices for student success.
6. Develop and facilitate workshops on strategies such as time management, note taking, studying and test taking skills.
7. Refer student to appropriate support services as needed.
8. Work with faculty to collect and analyze student enrollment data to identify attrition trends.
9. Participate in all appropriate meetings including program Advisory Board Committee meetings.
10. Assist with pre-enrollment and post enrollment activities as necessary.
11. Perform other related work duties as assigned by supervisor.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Dean, Business & Technology
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years experience in Advising or Educational support programming in Higher Education
KNOWLEDGE: Understanding of student retention issues and awareness of FERPA
SKILLS: Self-directed, strong writing skills and oral communication, ability to analyze and solve problems, coordinate and organize meetings