GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Manager or designee, the Equipment Operator/ Grounds operates heavy equipment such as backhoes, front- end loaders, bulldozers, dump trucks, snow plows, sanders, tractor drawn mowers, and other equipment for grounds and maintenance.
- Operate heavy, dump trucks, snow plows, sanders, sweepers, or tractor drawn mowers to maintain roadways and grounds
- Operate light vehicles such as passenger cars and panel trucks to transport materials to warehouse and other location
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment such as lubricating, fueling, cleaning, and checking tires pressure, battery, oil, water and coolant levels, and change hydraulic hoses and lubricants
- Load and unload furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Mix and/or apply sand, salt, and gravel
- Operate two way radios
- Operate welders, chain saws, jackhammers, painting, and other equipment as assigned
- Repair concrete and asphalt surfaces. Paint roadways and parking areas as required
- Perform ground maintenance functions, including but not limited to mowing grass, raking grass, planting trees, and planting flowers
- While in the performance of routine duties; may be required, as needed to perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification, where the work or task does not require a specific license.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- 2 years of landscape or equipment operator experience
- Valid CDL and Hoisting License
- Knowledge of the laws and, regulations regarding the operation of motor vehicles and heavy power- operated equipment used in excavating, grading, and related construction activities
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Under the direct supervision of the Manager or designee
Exercises functional supervision over trades’ people for assigned projects or tasks; assures conformance with codes, rules and regulations and safety standards.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
May perform work in all Medical Center facilities and is subject to possible exposure to herbicides, pesticides, chemicals, gases, oils, exhaust fumes, loud noises, and similar hazards associated with machines and vehicles. Must have the dexterity, visual acuity, and the ability to lift up to 50 lbs to perform physically arduous tasks in all weather conditions.