Administrative Assistant II
Position Title:Administrative Assistant II Opened Date:10/01/2020 Closing Date:01/29/2021 Job Category:Staff Department:Student Development Services - 6510310 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
Reporting to the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services, the Administrative Assistant II provides general administrative support to the department of Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Checking-in/welcoming clients for appointments
- Scheduling appointments and managing calendars for clinical staff members
- Processing client paperwork
- Maintaining confidential records
- Answering phone calls (routing messages and voicemails) and sending out appointment reminder messages
- Managing purchase orders, ordering supplies, prior approvals, and travel reimbursements. Assist the Director in the financial matters of the center.
- Providing general administrative support to counseling staff and collaborating with other campus offices
- Assists in the marketing and promotion of the center and its services
- Other duties, as assigned
- High school diploma or (GED).
- One (1) - three (3) years of related administrative work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience handling expenditure needs related to purchasing, travel, invoices, prior approvals, budgets, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Commitment to confidential handling of materials and sensitive issues
- Commitment to assisting the department in providing services to all students
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience working in a college environment
- Previous experience using Titanium scheduling software or electronic health record
- Experience in using software programs to submit and manage purchasing online
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Position requires use of a PCard, therefore successful completion of a credit report may be a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Non-exempt