Assistant Professor, Economics
Job DetailsPosting Number20210011FACJob TitleAssistant Professor, EconomicsType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment TermAcademic YearPosition TypeFaculty (Tenure-Track)DepartmentEconomics and FinanceSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Department of Economics and Finance at Murray State University invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level beginning August 2021.
Applicants in all fields of economics will be considered. The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to excellent teaching as well as a promising research agenda. The typical course load would be three courses per semester and may include web instruction.Minimum Education Requirements
Ph.D. in Economics.
Candidates without a doctorate degree must have a documented plan for completing the Ph.D. prior to August 2021.Minimum Experience and Skill RequirementsPreferred Education and/or Experience QualificationsPhysical DemandsWork HoursMinimum SalaryMaximum SalaryPosting Date10/09/2020Closing Date11/15/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Unofficial graduate transcripts
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness
• Recent Research paper (Other Document)
Three letters of recommendation will be accessed through the JOE Network.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Please list a maximum of three courses in order of preference from the following list that in addition to principles you would most likely want to teach based on your qualifications and interests: Behavioral Economics, Development Economics, Econometrics, Economic Forecasting, Economics of Sports, Economic Statistics, Environmental Economics, Financial Economics, Game Theory, Health Economics, History of Economic Thought, Industrial Organization, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Intermediate Microeconomics, International Economics, Labor Economics, Law and Economics, Money and Banking, Public Finance, Urban Economics, Other (please specify).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Copies of Transcripts
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3