Assistant Coach - Strength and Conditioning
Assistant Coach - Strength and Conditioning Please see Special Instructions for more details. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online. Documentation of certification must be uploaded when applying.Original transcript required within 30 days of employment. East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups. Posting DetailsJob TitleAssistant Coach - Strength and ConditioningPosition Number 001308Vacancy Open to All Candidates Department ATH Strength TrainingDepartment Homepage www.ecupirates.comAdvertising Department STRENGTH & CONDITIONINGDivision AthleticsClassification Title Assistant CoachWorking Title Assistant Coach - Strength and ConditioningNumber of Vacancies 1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) 1.0Full Time or Part Time Full TimeRecruitment RangeCommensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) GreenvillePosition TypeNon-FacultyJob Category Non-Faculty Instructional & ResearchOrganizational Unit Overview
The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes’ academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service. The strength & conditioning department oversees and maintains the conditioning and strength training for the athletes participating in ECU Athletics’ sports.Job Duties
The primary and most important responsibility of a coach is instructing student-athletes. Reporting to the Director of Strength & Conditioning, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties with the approval of the Director of Strength & Conditioning:
- Works primarily with Men’s Basketball and an additional sport
- Comprehensive strength and conditioning program design for student-athletes as assigned by the Director of Strength and Conditioning.
- Detailed instruction and education to execute all training exercises safely and correctly specific to performance enhancement methods to achieve desired results.
- Testing and evaluation of student-athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Strategic scheduling for effective and efficient use of athletics facilities by teams.
- Support recommendations as set forth by athletics department designated registered dietitian for good nutrition and supplementation for the health and performance of the student athletes.
- Promote commitment, teamwork and develop a working relationship, establish rapport with, and ensure open lines of communication with the coaching staffs, student-athletes of all teams and athletic training staff.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Pirate Club, athletics, and University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders.
- Abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Strength & Conditioning
- Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
Minimum of two years of permanent, full-time experience as a strength and conditioning coach at the collegiate level is required.
Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field is required.
Certification through the CSCCA or NSCA is required.
SCCC or CSCS are required.
CPR and First Aid certifications are required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Basketball and movement preferred skill and knowledgeSpecial Instructions to Applicant
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Documentation of certification must be uploaded when applying.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date 10/08/2020Open Until FilledYesJob Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date. If no closing date is indicated, the position may close at any time after the initial screening date.Initial Screening Begins 10/15/2020Rank LevelQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/38112AA/EOE
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 328-9861 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate where you learned about this Athletics position.
- ECU website
- Professional Association (e.g. CoSIDA, NACMA, AFCA, NABC, ABCA, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Additional Document #1