Fiscal Assistant II
Job no: 514822
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:17200400 - BA-CAREER SERVICES OFFICE
Fiscal Assistant IIJob Description:
Serve in various financial capacities to include, but not limited to, accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, and travel reimbursements. Serve as the primary point of contact for myUFMarket and will submit and reconcile charges daily. Will create Purchase Orders (PO), acquire all requisite documentation, and submit PO change order requests. Will correspond with vendors and submit vendor invoices with all forms of backup documentation, process vendor invoices for payment, and will work with new vendors to add them to the vendor payment system. Will answer P-Card inquires, reconcile P-Card charges daily by verifying and processing each charge, submit charges for approval, monitor department PCard activity and notify PCard holders of delinquent charges. Create and maintain monthly reporting of all fiscal transactions and ledgers for reconciliation of Business Career Services accounts. Responsible for all procurement activities and purchases of department equipment and supplies.
Record staff leave requests and verify time/payroll for staff and CAP mentors. Serve as department administrator for HR functions, compiling, processing, and submitting new hire documents which include creating ePAFs for all new hires (CAP Mentors and staff members). Provide general administrative support such as calendar and scheduling room reservations, submission of parking token/pass requests for all Business Career Services visitors as needed, escorting visitors, running errands, answering phones, acquiring office supplies, department inventory, creation of Wordpress surveys, monitoring BCS-Info email, assisting with events, and general office tasks (filing, scanning invoices and or other documents as requested. Assist walk-in College of Business students by directing all traffic in the front lobby to the appropriate CAP or coach. Create and process Travel Authorization Request forms and encumbers funds prior to travel, prepares and processes travel expense reimbursements, and provide required backup documentation. May assist with making hotel and flight arrangements when necessary.
Accept delivery of packages and maintains accurate records of items received. Deliver mail and other documents to various locations within Business Career Services, maintaining an accurate log of arrival, delivery, and acceptance. This position will support other members of the Business Career Services team when requested. Such duties can include running reports and queries, compiling data, copying, scanning, and maintaining accurate records.
Special projects as assignedExpected Salary:$18.00-$19.25 hourly; commensurate with experience.
Pay Range Based on Market:
(Annualized)Lower reference point: $30,500 Midpoint: $38,100 Upper reference point: $45,700Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of general accounts transaction experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for required experience.
Valid driver's licensePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience in: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook, WordPress, Smartsheet, People Soft, Enterprise Reporting, and other UF specific software.
- Minimum of three years of fiscal experience.
- Strong customer focus (ability to listen attentively to students and corporate recruiters and to understand and respond positively to their requests) is required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to define tasks, prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to draft correspondence efficiently with excellent use of the English language, excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references. A criminal background check is required for this position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 09 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time