Executive Assistant I
Job no: 514829
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:26010100 - HH-HHP DEAN'S OFFICE-ADMIN
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN THE OFFICE OF ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS
• Works on projects, compiles and analyzes data assigned by Associate Dean for Academic & Student Affairs and Director of Assessment and Student Services, including but not limited to:
• Provides administrative and logistical support for all program activities.
• Drafts contracts, budgets, and reports with direction from the Associate Dean and the Director
• Processes financial documents related to program activities, such as receipts, invoices, and expense reimbursements.
• Sets-up and maintains calendar for events and critical dates for the Office of Academic and Student Affairs.
• Manages the calendar and schedules meetings for the Office of Academic and Student Affairs
• Assists in planning and implementation of program procedures, processes, services, and systems.
• Participates in program development or evaluation.
• Updates program databases and conducts queries for reports.
• Creates ongoing award and notable events / achievements submission repository
• Processes student awards (e.g. Graduate School Fellowships, Outstanding Leader Awards, Outstanding International Student Awards).
• Serves as college level course scheduler for assignment of HHP classes to Florida Gym locations during course development.
• Manages HHP Dean’s list certificate process and HHP transient request processes (via Florida Shines).
• Serves as primary or backup role for the following processes: college grades coordinator, college degree certification coordinator, faculty evaluations coordinator, college level approver on various forms.
• Executes delegated signing authority on behalf of the Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
• Provides assistance with correspondence among departmental staff, graduate school and graduate students for data reporting - including but not limited to enrollment, graduation, degree progress, annual performance report.
• Assists with events managed by the Office of Academic and Student Affairs, including but not limited to New Student Convocation, HHP Involvement Fair, Graduate Student Orientation, HHP student organization/programming events, HHP Internship/Job Fair, MFOS events.
• Tasks may include assistance with event planning, set up, managing RSVPs or ordering food/materials.
• Assists with coordination of student groups (e.g. MFOS, Ambassadors, Student College Council, HHPGO) lunches and other events as needed.
• Responsible for HHP Dean’s List certificates (creating certificates/letters, mailing).
• Acts as a liaison to the HHP Office of Communications for Commencement:
• Draft press releases, newsletters, ads, or other promotional materials.
• Assist with events planning, set-up, and onsite coordination.
• Act as college representative for the commencement ceremonies.
• Assign college/department marshals for each commencement ceremony;
• Serves as a liaison to the UF International Center (UFIC), and other programs, offices or external vendors to accomplish program objectives.
• Develops and continually update a procedures and operations manual for the office of academic and student affairs.
• Compiles and distributes weekly graduate student newsletter (HHP GradNews).
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS (ASSOCIATE DEAN)
• Manages the calendar and schedules meetings for the Associate Dean.
• Handles inquiries and requests for information and appointments based on knowledge of deadlines and priorities.
• Communicates to internal and external constituents on behalf of the Associate Dean.
• Administers matters involving the Associate Dean’s overall activities, keeping the associate dean up to date and aware of all tasks, deadlines, issues, and problems.
• Researches and compiles information for the Associate Dean’s teaching, writing, and speaking engagements at the College, University, and national levels.
• Makes travel arrangements and processes travel authorizations and reimbursements for the Associate Dean.
• Acts as a liaison between the Associate Dean for Academic & Student Affairs and Dean, Associate Deans, Department Chairs, college faculty and staff, other agency officials and the general public.
ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF ASSESSMENT AND STUDENT SERVICES (DASS)
Assists with various college events, including but not limited to: New Student Convocation, Graduate Student Orientation, and HHP Internship & Job Fair.
• Provides assistance to the Director with correspondence to the graduate school or other offices on campus, manages edits for the PhD Student Manual
• Orders material for the graduate student orientation, provides assistance with graduate student orientation and social.
• Assists with data reporting for various projects: student enrollment, annual data, special projects.
• Provides assistance to the Director on collection of departmental assessment plans and annual reporting data (e.g. PhD student Annual Performance Reports, college exit surveys).
• Makes travel arrangements and processes travel authorizations and reimbursements for the Director
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
• Prepares and processes distance education (UFO/Self-Funded) appointments and payroll distributions.
• Compiles Enterprise Analytics reports for course scheduling and enrollment data.
• Maintains course/instructor tracking.
• Processes Letters of Appointment and HR600s for course development and instructional payments.
• Processes ePAFs
• Completes full new hire paperwork for non-UF adjuncts.
• Tracks hiring paperwork until completion and follow up as needed.
• Enters payroll distribution for appointment on appropriate account.
• Works with Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs to manage faculty voting, prepares online voting ballots for elections for college committee.
• Aids in maintenance of College Committee list.
• Serve as back up to: Executive Assistant to the Dean.
Front office coverage for phones and visitors to the Dean’s Office.
• Other duties as required
$45,000 to 56,000 annually
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $44,720.00 Midpoint: $58,207.57 Upper Reference point: $78,049.02Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and seven years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge of the methods of data collection and ability to prepare various reports.
Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and University accounting procedures.
Ability to use various departmental software and PeopleSoft system.
Ability to work independently. Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner as position requires daily contact with the public, faculty and staff, and the university community.
Knowledge of UF systems, including but not limited to myUFL, campus solutions, GIMS, etc.
Knowledge of effective written and oral communication; ability to articulate and interpret information.
Must be able to work independently with demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to details.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, please upload to this requisition a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references that can be contacted.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 09 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time