The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe goal of the AI institute is to reframe the role of Artificial Intelligence in education, moving towards a future where AI is viewed as a social, collaborative partner that helps students work and learn more effectively, engagingly, and equitably, while helping educators focus on what they do best: inspiring and teaching students. The Institute will develop, deploy, and study AI Partners that interact naturally with students and teachers through speech, gesture, gaze, and facial expression in real-world classrooms and remote learning settings. The AI Partners will observe, participate in, and support small groups of students to engage in deep and sustained learning conversations while assisting teachers in orchestrating effective learning experiences at the individual, small group, and whole-class levels.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeDevelop machine learning algorithms for natural language understanding and dialog management.What You Should KnowThe candidate will be supervised by Katharina Kann and Alessandro Roncone. The position offers unique postdoctoral training experience and publishing opportunities within multi-department and multi-institution grant-funded projects. The postdoc will be encouraged to develop advanced technical skills, strengthen their research portfolios via peer-reviewed publications, gain interdisciplinary experience by working with a diverse team, and develop leadership skills by mentoring students.
- 1-5 year position. The initial contract is for one year (providing renewal after a 6-month probationary period). For each consecutive year, the extension of the contract is based on performance.
- The start date is negotiable but anticipated for early 2021.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Game-Changing. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Ph.D. in Computer Science/Machine Learning or a related field (at the time of hire).
- Research experience in computational modeling and deep learning.
- Strong writing skills and ability to conduct independent research as evidenced by first-author publications.
- Research experience in NLP.
- Experience mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Cover Letter
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (Not Confidential) - Please combine both letters into 1 PDF.
- Professional Publications: Please upload two representative publications.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs. Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Katharina KannPosting Contact Email: [email protected]