Posting InformationPosting Number2021036Posting/Functional TitleStrength and Conditioning CoachUniversity Pay Plan TitleCoachLocationSan MarcosDepartmentStrength & ConditioningRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeMonthly SalaryCommensurate with experienceJob Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Ability to explain training methods and equipment use
Skill in directing athletic workouts and motivating output
Knowledge of the design of strength and conditioning programs
Prior experience with strength and conditioning coaching at either the collegiate or professional level
Knowledge in kinesiology, exercise science or related fieldPreferred Qualifications
Bachelors’ degree, with additional consideration for a Masters degree
CSCS certification or equivalentJob Description
The Strength and Conditioning Coach is responsible for the design, supervision and instruction of group and individual strength and conditioning programs for assigned sport programs.Job Duties
Maintenance of computer database that tracks training results, instruction of student-athletes on how to use equipment and perform exercises properly, maintenance of strength and conditioning equipment, development and distribution of nutritional information to student-athletes, communication with coaches regarding strength and conditioning programs and the status of student-athlete performance, supervision of weight room and maintenance of schedule for workout times for each sport program and other duties as assigned.Additional Information to ApplicantsJob Open Date10/07/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)10/24/2020Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysSunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, SaturdayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesLegal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).