Posting InformationPosting Number2020400Posting/Functional TitleGrant SpecialistUniversity Pay Plan TitleGrant SpecialistLocationSan MarcosDepartmentEdwards Aquifer ResearchRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$3,200Job Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
BS in Biology or related natural resource disciplinePreferred Qualifications
-Experience sorting and identifying aquatic invertebrates
-Experience using reference books, taxonomic literature, and dichotomous keys to ID invertebrates.
-Experience using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
-Familiar with Adobe Suite
-Experience with basic GIS
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Excellent time management skills
-Familiar with basic statistical analyses
-Able to work well as a member of a large research team
-Ability to work alone with minimal supervision after training for the job
Collect, sort, ID, and curate invertebrates, and assist in the analysis and interpretation of resulting data, including working with internal and external collaborators.Job Duties
-Collect, sort, ID, and curate invertebrates, and assist in the analysis and interpretation of resulting data, including working with internal and external collaborators.
- Drafting reports in collaboration with grant directors and others, and presenting information to funders, scientific audiences, and the public.
- Field work – working in the field as-needed
- Leadership – supervising undergraduate students
Normal work days M-F (Some weekends possible during field work)Job Open Date08/27/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)Open Until FilledYesNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME, COVER LETTER AND LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION TO YOUR APPLICATION., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A TRANSCRIPT.Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?