Assistant Professor in Statistics
Posting InformationPosition TitleAssistant Professor in StatisticsJob Posting Number202105FACJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentMathematicsPosition Description
The Department of Mathematics at Texas State University is seeking to hire a tenure-track assistant professor with a research specialization in statistics, or a closely related field, starting Fall 2021.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a strong commitment to high-quality research in statistics. The candidate must also be dedicated to the teaching and mentoring of statistics students at the graduate and undergraduate levels. In addition, the candidate must be actively engaged in service to the department, college, university, and statistical community.
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by December 28, 2020. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications
1. An earned doctorate in statistics or closely related field prior to employment.
2. Evidence of, or potential for, research excellence in statistics. Assessment will focus on recent publications.
3. Evidence of excellence in teaching and ability to teach graduate level statistics.
4. A strong preparation in mathematics and statistics.
5. An ability to contribute to departmental missions.
1. Potential for research collaboration with current faculty.
2. Evidence of or potential to obtain external funding.
Applicants must submit the following via mathjobs.org/jobs: cover letter, AMS cover sheet, current curriculum vitae, unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts, statement of research agenda, teaching philosophy, and three letters of recommendation. At least one letter of recommendation should address teaching. To be considered for this position, applicants are also required to submit a current curriculum vitae and cover letter through the Texas State University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33793.
To ensure full consideration, all materials listed above should arrive at the required locations by December 28, 2020. However, we shall continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2021Open DateReview Date12/28/2020Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33793Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Additional Document
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)