Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor in Nursing
Posting InformationPosition TitleClinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor in NursingJob Posting Number202104FACJob LocationRound RockDepartmentSt. David's School of NursingPosition Description
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University seeks a dynamic, innovative educator interested in a faculty position in a rapidly evolving environment. Qualified candidates are passionate about research, working with students, have a reputation for collegial interactions, and are committed to teaching, scholarship, and service. Candidates are committed to preparing Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners who are caring practitioners, patient advocates, and visionary leaders.
The nine-month clinical track appointment, with summer employment required, reports to the Director, St. David’s School of Nursing on the Texas State University’s Round Rock Campus. The School of Nursing is one of eight academic programs in the College of Health Professions. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The responsibilities include participation in curriculum development and teaching. Interest in and ability to utilize simulation are also requirements for teaching in the MSN program. Faculty are expected to engage in scholarly activities, as well as academic service to the department, college, and university. www.nursing.txstate.edu
To assure full consideration in the first round, applications must be submitted by March 1, 2020. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications
1. Earned PMHNP Master of Science degree in nursing.
2. Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
3. Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
4. Demonstrated clinical competence as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (minimum two years of practice experience).
5. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of clinical assistant professor, clinical associate professor, or clinical professor.
6. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.Preferred Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate or enrolled in a doctoral program with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing.
2. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
3 Demonstrated collegial leadership and team development.
4. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program development, assessment, and curriculum design.
5. Teaching experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
6. Teaching experience with simulation or virtual education.
7. Experience in building and promoting community relationships and partnerships in clinical or academic settings.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33830.
The first review date is March 1, 2021. To be considered in this first group, please submit the following by March 1, 2021: a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2021Open DateReview Date03/01/2021Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33830Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Evidence of Teaching Experience/Evaluations
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)