Posting InformationPosting Number2021042Posting/Functional TitlePolice OfficerUniversity Pay Plan TitlePolice OfficerLocationSan MarcosDepartmentUniversity PoliceRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$4,000Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Be a US Citizen, by birth or naturalization
• Current TCOLE Certification
• Must meet requirements of university driver selection program
• Provide a valid Texas Driver License
• Provide a completed Personal History Statement
• Must possess a high school diploma / GED
• 60 College Credit Hours / Associates Degree
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Previous work experience in university policing
• TCOLE Proficiency Certificate above Basic Peace Officer
Responsible for providing a visible deterrent against crime within the university community.Job Duties
• Provide proactive patrols of university owned, leased or operated property by foot, bike and vehicle to provide a visible deterrence to crime
• Respond to police calls for service utilizing safe operation of a police vehicle
• Complete and submit accurate police reports in a timely manner
• Enforce State Laws, Local Ordinances, and all University Rules as appropriate
• Proper use of communication and recording equipment
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?
- Do you have a TCOLE License?