Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Nursing
Posting InformationPosition TitleAssistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in NursingJob Posting Number202103FACJob LocationRound RockDepartmentSt. David's School of NursingPosition Description
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University seeks dynamic, innovative educators interested in a faculty position in a rapidly evolving environment. Qualified candidates are passionate about research, working with students, have a reputation for collegial interactions, and are committed to teaching, scholarship, and service. They are committed to educating nurses of the highest caliber who are caring practitioners, patient advocates, and visionary leaders.
The nine-month tenure-track appointment, with possible summer employment, reports to the Director, St. David’s School of Nursing on the Texas State University’s Round Rock Campus. The School of Nursing is one of eight academic programs in the College of Health Professions. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The responsibilities include participation in curriculum development and teaching courses across programs (BSN and/or MSN) where qualified. Interest in and ability to utilize simulation is a requirement for teaching in the BSN program as the BSN clinical curriculum utilizes clinical as well as simulation lab instruction. A program of research is required, as well as academic service to the department, college and university. www.nursing.txstate.edu
To assure full consideration in the first round, applications must be submitted by March 1, 2020. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications
1. Earned research doctorate in nursing or related field and B.S.N. or master’s degree in nursing or earned research doctorate by start of academic year.
2. Eligible for Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Texas.
3. Demonstrated clinical competence as a registered nurse.
4. Experience in higher education program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems, and teaching in undergraduate general nursing, as well as graduate level specialty areas.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching (classroom, virtual, simulation, lab) and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
6. Record of accomplishments in research, teaching, and academic and professional service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor (less than five years teaching), associate professor (minimum five years teaching), or professor (minimum of ten years teaching) in a School of Nursing. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school standards.
1. Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
2. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
3. Strong collegial leadership qualities.
4. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review, and assessment.
5. Proven record of, or potential for, grantsmanship and extramural funding.
6. Certified in one or more nursing specialties.
7. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction. Recent experience with clinical teaching and simulation instruction.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33775.
The first review date is March 1, 2021. To be considered in this first group, please submit the following by March 1, 2021: a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2021Open DateReview Date03/01/2021Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33775Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Evidence of Teaching Experience/Evaluations
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)