Plant Mechanic I
Posting InformationPosting Number2021041Posting/Functional TitlePlant Mechanic IUniversity Pay Plan TitlePlant Mechanic ILocationSan MarcosDepartmentUtility OperationsRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$3,700Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Basic mechanical concepts of rotating equipment, chillers, boilers, generators for proper functioning and repair;
- chemical safety and MSDS;
- standard safety practices;
- use of respiratory equipment.
- Working as a team member;
- courteous interactions;
- using large hand tools. pipe fitting, seals, filters and lubricants.
- Complete computer based time sheets;
- record data on personal computers;
- read and write work orders instructions and work completed;
- read SOPs, policy and equipment manuals;
- use specialized measuring devices;
- perform basic math;
- use a personal computer software.
To qualify for this classification, an individual must possess any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.Job Description
Responsible for maintaining mechanical equipment in the Utility thermal plants along with various satellite areas of responsibilities. Responsible for the maintenance of all equipment associated with the production of steam, chilled water, and electricity.Job Duties
- Conduct mechanical equipment, piping and valve preventive maintenance tasks and document.
- Inspect multiple 1,000 ton to 2,000 ton chillers…
- Maintain air plant compressor and dryers for instrument air in plant.
- Inspect equipment if leaking oil, making noise and not carrying pressure.
- Inspect and lubricate and repair large vertical and horizontal pumps and motors in the plant.
- Rebuild centrifugal split case pumps.
- Inspect, clean and repair cooling tower fans, gearboxes, piping, valves and basins in cooling towers.
- Conduct inspection, service and repair of all ventilation and exhaust fans in plants.
- Generate work orders and close out work orders.
- Inspect service and repair multiple boilers up to 50,000 pound per hour steam.
- Operate and service 30 emergency generators on campus.
- Inspect and maintain sand filters, reverse osmosis units, and water softeners.
- Check and maintain all safety supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?