Posting InformationPosition TitlePostdoctoral ScholarJob Posting Number202101PFJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentIngram School of EngineeringPosition Description
The Ingram School of Engineering invites applications for a postdoctoral scholar position to work on design optimization of 3D-printed flexible sensors. In this research, analytical and computational methods will be used to model the performance of 3D printed strain sensors based on micro and nano structural parameters. The objective is to provide a guideline to develop and manufacture high-performance flexible sensors with maximum durability, accuracy, and sensitivity under cyclic loading conditions. More details of the project will be discussed during the interview.
The tasks of the selected candidate are:
• Apply theoretical and computational methods to link micro and nano structural parameters of composite sensors with the mechanical properties.
• Use machine learning and optimization techniques for design optimization of flexible sensors.
• Prepare manuscripts for publication of research results.
• Support in the preparation of grant proposals and reports.
• Work with graduate and undergraduate researchers in research projects.
• Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, material science, or a closely related field.
• Experience in nonlinear finite element analysis and computational Multiphysics modeling.
• Knowledge of continuum mechanics, composite materials, and constitutive models for polymers.
• Programing skills with MATLAB, Python, or other scripting languages.
• Experience in using machine learning techniques and multi-objective optimization methods.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in leading the preparation of scientific publications.
• Prior research experience in stretchable sensors.
• Familiarity with different additive manufacturing techniques.
• Experience in molecular dynamic simulation and multiscale modeling.
• Knowledge of polymer physics – thermodynamics and statistical mechanics.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33803.
Interested applicants should submit a current curriculum vitae (including a list of publications and contact info for three referees) and a cover letter stating the motivation and suitability of the candidate.Proposed Start DateNovember 2020Open DateReview Date10/16/2020Close DateOpen Until Filled?Legal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33803Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)