Systems Administrator II
Posting InformationPosting Number2020132Posting/Functional TitleSystems AdministratorUniversity Pay Plan TitleSystems Administrator IILocationSan MarcosDepartmentCIS & Quantitative MethodsRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$5,667 - $6,000Job Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1.Baccalaureate degree from a recognized university in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or Data Science.
2.Technical experience managing servers, databases and data warehouses, and computer hardware and software.
3.Proven Working knowledge of Windows and Linux server environments.
4.Proficiency in and working knowledge of at least one Cloud Computing platform such as Microsoft Azure as well as database operating environment to include Database, Integration, Analysis and Reporting Services.
5.Working knowledge of at least one web conferencing tool such as Zoom or WebEx in delivery of courses in distance education format.
6.Proficiency in and working knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language.
1.A Master’s degree from a recognized university in a technical field such Computer Science, Information Technology, and Data Science.
2.Experience working with cloud computing and mobile platforms, Hadoop, Spark, Azure, etc.
3.Experience in managing Microsoft SQL Server installation to host databases, integration, analysis and reporting services in a virtual environment as well as manage user access and data security.
4.Recognized professional technical certification in Information Technology, database server management, and Cloud Computing platform is highly desirable.
5. 3-5 years of technical experience managing servers, databases and data warehouses, and computer hardware and software.
Administer and manage department’s physical servers and virtual servers
hosted in the University’s server farm in support of the department’s graduate and undergraduate academic programs. This includes configuration of servers to host databases, data warehouses, and web services to support courses in data analytics and information processing. Further, the individual will be responsible for the configuration of cloud resources as well as services and provide technical support to faculty in the use of these resources. The Individual will also set up and ensure controlled user access and data security to these resources in accordance with University standards. In addition, the individual will liaise with the University IT and IT Security to ensure data integrity and security. The individual will also provide technical support for faculty research on the University’s High Performance Computing Cluster.
1. Administering and managing physical servers and virtual servers hosted in the University’s server farm in support of the department’s graduate and undergraduate academic programs. This includes configuration of servers to host databases, data warehouses, and web services to support courses in data analytics and information processing; The Individual will also set up and ensure controlled user access and data security to these resources. In addition, the individual will liaise with the University IT to provide technical support for faculty research on the University’s High Performance Computing Cluster.
2. Administering and managing the computing environment in the department’s computer labs equipped with both windows and mac computers, including maintenance of hardware and software installations in these labs.
3. Providing technical support to faculty teaching courses in distance education and online formats. This includes setup and management of classroom technology used in the delivery of these classes such as web and video conferencing tools and Learning Management Systems.
4. Working closely with faculty to implement their IT requirements and provide technical support for technology- and computing-intensive courses they teach and their research.Additional Information to Applicants
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
- Veteran’s Preference
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- List of References
- Veteran's Preference
- DD 214/DD1300
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).