Manager, Patient Placement Center
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-09
Manages and is accountable for the operations of the Bed Coordination Center, Transfer Center and Medcom.
- Manages and supports the day to day operations of assigned departments (Bed Coordination Center, Transfer Center, Medcom).
- Bed Coordination Center: Oversight of RNs & administrative clerks who coordinate bed assignments and patient flow for the Medical Center.
- Transfer Center: Oversight of Medics and Paramedics who manage all requests for patient transfer from outside hospitals into UVA
- Use clinical knowledge appropriate triage incoming patients by transferring diagnosis and care needs in order to determine transfer priority and best-fit Service Line and division for acceptance.
- Medcom: Oversight of EMT-A’s, Medics, & Paramedics who Coordinate Pegasus Air/Ground, Medic V, and Newborn Emergency Transport System dispatch, asset following, and communications.
- Develops programs which address continuous quality improvement, system enhancement, streamlined processes and overall performance.
- Demonstrates genuine intention to collaborate with others. Shares information, solicits inputs and develops influential and respectful relationships.
- Encourages development of Team Members through delegation, encouraging input regarding work schedules, process improvement and problem resolution.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. If licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse - Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited program required. Master's degree in related field must be obtained in 4 years.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience required. Management experience with patient throughput preferred.
Licensure: None required. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.