Clinic Manager 1 - Augusta Oncology
Job location: Other Locations - Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA) - Fishersville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
The Manager Clinic – 1 is responsible for managing the clinical, operational, and financial activities within 1 or more ambulatory clinics. Works collaboratively with the Medical Director, other Medical Center departments, management, faculty and other stakeholders to ensure: timely patient access to care, operational efficiency, practice productivity, fiscal integrity, patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
Primary responsibilities include: human resources management, practice business development, daily operational efficiency, effectiveness and regulatory compliance. Ensures the effective, safe and therapeutic nursing services meet established Medical Center and accrediting agency regulations and guidelines.
All responsibilities are fulfilled consistent with the mission, vision, and values of University of Virginia Medical Center.
- Manages 1 or more non-complex clinics. Develops and implements staffing plans and assures appropriate coverage. Interviews, selects, mentors, and evaluates staff. Administers corrective disciplinary action when necessary.
- Evaluates the delivery of patient care services and implements improvements in collaboration with physicians, clinicians, and other members of the health care team. Ensures on-going evaluation and continuous improvement of services.
- Directs the acquisition and allocation of human, material, and financial resources to ensure utilization in an appropriate and cost effective manner.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget to ensure adequate control of financial resources.
- Provides direct patient care as needed and assures that clinical skills are maintained as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities and develops and implements plans and services which enhance the Medical Center’s strategic plan. Participates in the strategic planning for ambulatory services in support of the Medical Center’s strategic initiatives.
- Monitors customer service satisfaction for clinic and takes timely action to address identified issues.
- Acts as the liaison between various Medical Center departments and the Department of Nursing, as needed, through participation in interdepartmental and medical center committees to ensure consistent standards of practice and communication.
- Ensures compliance with standards set forth by external licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies.
- Assumes responsibility for own professional growth.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. If licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse - Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited program required.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience required. Management experience in an Ambulatory Environment preferred.
Licensure: None required. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia preferred.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.