Technology Support Analyst
Posting InformationPosition TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleTechnology Support Analyst - JourneyWorking TitleTechnology Support AnalystPosition Number00051088Vacancy IDP012030Budgeted Hiring Range$55,000-$58,200Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade EquivalentIT03Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00Department Name and NumberSchool of Nursing-IIT-440147Date First Posted10/09/2020Closing Date10/20/2020Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryInformation TechnologyDepartment Description
The School of Nursing strives to meet the teaching, research and public service missions of the University by:
•providing quality education for nurses in baccalaureate, master’s, post-master’s, pre-doctoral and post-doctoral programs and continuing education programs
•generating, integrating, disseminating, and using knowledge for practice and policy
•providing visible nursing leadership with state, community, and regional health care providers and policymakers
•participating in clinical practice and community endeavors in North Carolina as well as nationally and abroad.
Information & Instructional Technologies in the School of Nursing provides informational, instructional and technological services that support the achievement of the educational, research, and service goals of the School. Services are delivered by four units:
•Classroom Technology & Teaching Support
•Database & Web Applications Services
•Educational & Design Services
•User Services & Networking
Our client base is the full spectrum from provision of the technology/infrastructure to ensuring its most effective use in support of the comprised of the faculty, staff, administration and students of the School and our services span activities of each groupEqual Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The Technical Support Analyst reports to the SON IIT Manager and has the primary responsibilities of providing support for teaching and learning technologies and maintaining AV equipment. This position consults with Faculty and assists with media production, editing and delivery processes for classroom and distance learning. The Technical Support Technician also contributes to training and workshops for Faculty and staff, and the maintenance of training resources.Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one year of experience
- Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Candidates must have at least 2 consecutive years of:
Demonstrated proficiency with AV tools, and classroom support experience with a concentration in higher education
Experience supporting Faculty in higher education
LMS support experience
Professional audio and video editing experience
Course capture experience
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong understanding of basic computers and Microsoft Office 365 Tools
Strong troubleshooting skills
Experience supporting an LMS
Excellent customer service skills
Proven knowledge of instructional technologies in higher education
Demonstrated experience with the integration of instructional hardware and software technologies for onsite and remote course delivery
Maintain current knowledge of new instructional technologies
Provide guidance for technical purchases
Experience working with AV integrators
Expert level experience with videoconferencing services and audio and video editing
Technical Project Management skills
Experience supporting flexible classrooms
Experience contributing to classroom technology designs and renovations
Experience in a higher education environment
Available to work onsite
Able to lift 40 pounds with or without accomodation
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Technology Support Analyst-Journey position.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering or related technical degree or relatead technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering or related technical degree or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of related experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and two years of experience in the information technology field related to the position's role; or
- A combination of post high school education and/or related experience to equal six years; or
- None of the above.
- * What is your highest degree/degree level?
- Some High School
- High School/GED
- * How many years of providing direct support for Faculty in higher education?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) including Sakai and Moodle and others?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have any classroom technology support experience?
- * What technical certifications do you hold?
(Open Ended Question)