Posting DetailsJob TitleNurse Clinical/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24901Working TitleNurse Clinical/Ambulatory/UKHCDepartment NameM1300:Kentucky Neuroscience InstituteWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$22.44-37.74/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ADNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Registered NursePhysical Requirements
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking and sitting for long periods of time.Shift
Day shift/some eveningsJob Summary
The Kentucky Neuroscience Institute is seeking a Nurse Clinical/Ambulatory. The Nurse Clinical/Ambulatory will be responsible for providing nursing care to patients and families, as well as assisting in the development and implementation of care plans. This position will be located within the KY Neuroscience Institute. Duties for this position include: Oversee the clinical pod for efficient clinic operation and educates patients and families, researching and finding resources, and linking resources and services for families and patients. This position will also provide patient care specific to disease management/specialization of work area including: skilled assessments, care plans and care plan implementation, evaluations or clinical interventions, and patient education.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Basic computer knowledge, MS Windows, Word, Outlook, Dependable, reliable, excellent communication skills, excellent customer service skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
ADN or BSN. AEHR and Ambulatory Clinic experience preferred.Deadline to Apply10/18/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in a clinical setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have neurology clinical experience?
- * Please describe your paid experience in patient triage.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter