Materials Management Technician/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleMaterials Management Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24894Working TitleMaterials Management TechnicianDepartment NameH3230:Materials/Purchasing ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
This position requires regularly performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds; standing or walking with objects weighing up to 10 pounds; intermittently standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; and working at heights above four feet and/or in confined spaces. Also involves some exposure to risk of injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials, and exposure to loud noises and cuts/punctures.Shift
Primarily day shift, must be able to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime in order to meet job and departmental business needs.Job Summary
This position will provide support to all clinical areas as it relates to the ordering, delivery, and stocking of all patient equipment and supplies.
The primary responsibilities will include maintaining accurate inventory control; verifying receipts and entry into a computer system; pulling and recording all recalled products; and tagging, documenting, and delivering all capital equipment purchases.
In addition, this position will organize work areas to support clinician requests by listening, understanding, and following through on requests.
Other duties include ensuring work environment is clean and safe; attending and participating in all emergency requests and codes; coordinating the needs for training on the supply system; and adhering to all policies and procedures.
Internal Candidate Being Considered (IEBC)Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess the following: exceptional customer service, planning and organization, time management, attention to detail, listening, and communication skills. In addition, this individual needs to have the ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
High school diploma and at least six months of inventory, stocking, receiving, warehousing, or related experience; knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word; and experience using point-of-use systems preferred.Deadline to Apply10/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the amount of experience you have in stocking, receiving, and inventory-related work.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * Please indicate which area best represents your inventory control experience.
- No Experience
- * Which best represents your computer skills?
- Basic - ability to use email and internet
- Intermediate - ability to use multiple computer programs including Microsoft office products as well as basic skills listed above
- Advanced - ability to manipulate documents and spreadsheets, create spreadsheets as well as basic and intermediate skills listed above
- * Describe your customer service skills as it relates to your supply chain experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter