Posting DetailsJob TitleLPN/Ambulatory/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24771Working TitleDepartment Name7H361:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - INFECTIOWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
LPNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
LPN – Kentucky LicensurePhysical Requirements
Sitting for long periods, daily use of desktop computer, short walk from office to clinic setting and to hospital, will meet face to face with patients daily, will talk on the phone to patients daily.Shift
Days, Monday – FridayJob Summary
The LPN will be involved in case management, screening each new patient to identify health related problems and transition patient to appropriate physician care.
This position tracks treatment progress and assists hospital personnel and BCC team with discharge of hospitalized patients receiving infectious disease care, as well as monitors lab work, procedures, performs prior authorizations for medications, and communicates results and plan of care to patients receiving outpatient care at the BCC.
Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting patients concurrently receiving medication assisted treatment for opioid use disorder and medical care for IV drug use associated infections.
This position will also accurately document patient outcomes in electronic chart, answer patient questions, assist in problem solving, and other duties as assigned.
Customer service, verbal and written communication, organization, time management, familiarization with computer applications.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply10/18/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an active current LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) license to practice in the state of Kentucky or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience working with infectious diseases.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience working in an ambulatory clinic.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience working with patients with opioid use disorder.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter