Messaging Systems Engineer II
Posting DetailsJob TitleMessaging Systems Engineer IIRequisition NumberRE24899Working TitleDepartment Name3L400:ITS Enterprise SystemsWork LocationLexington, KyGrade Level46Salary Range$49,254-81,266/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing or pulling of objects up to 25 lbs, sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.Shift
Primarily days; typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am -5:00pm.Job Summary
Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking a Messaging Systems Engineer II with experience working with Active Directory, Azure, and the Microsoft 365 suite of products. This position will work alongside senior messaging systems engineers with a diverse suite of enterprise products including on premises and Azure Active Directory, Exchange online email, Data Loss Prevention, Microsoft Cloud App Security, SharePoint online, Intune, Microsoft 365 security and compliance, Skype for Business on premise and online, Teams and other Microsoft 365 products. An in-depth knowledge of PowerShell and a fundamental understanding of programming methodologies and database queries is strongly recommended.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good communication skills with a team-oriented focus and provide tier 3 and some tier 2 support for ITS incidents.
BS Computer Science, 5 years of related experienceDeadline to Apply10/25/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid employment experience you have managing Information Technology related infrastructure.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * What Microsoft enterprise technologies and versions have you worked with: Active Directory; Exchange; Skype for Business; SharePoint; Etc, and what was your level of involvement with each technology and its implementation?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide a brief synopsis of your troubleshooting skills and methodology.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter