Posting DetailsJob TitlePharmacy Director/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23940Working TitlePharmacy Director/UKHC - Central OperationsDepartment NameH3330:Pharmacy ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level16Salary Range$111,634-192,379/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
6 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
LICENSED PHARMACISTPhysical Requirements
May include standing for greater than five hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day, as well as the ability to reach items above shoulder-level and lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds.Shift
Primarily day shift, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. As an exempt-level position, additional hours may be required in order to meet job and departmental needs.Job Summary
The Director of Acute Care Operations is responsible for all aspects of hospital-based pharmacy operations at UKHC. The Director manages inpatient drug distribution services in order to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care; and has accountability for staff, services provided and level of performance within assigned areas, and managing operations within budget. The Director will work with multiple stakeholders in a complex matrix environment to ensure compliant and efficient medication distribution and pharmacy operations throughout UKHC. The Director will collaborate with other department managers to develop and implement new services and will ensure the integration of pharmaceutical care throughout the Enterprise. This role will also support Investigational Drug Services, including operations, training, and research.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Clinical therapeutics and cost management knowledge, and excellent leadership and communication skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Hospital pharmacy operations and sterile compounding experience preferred.Deadline to Apply10/25/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years’ experience do you have as a licensed pharmacist (note a PGY1 and PGY2 should be counted as 24 months each)?
- Less than 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 8 years
- More than 8 years
- * In 100 words or less, please describe your pharmacy management and/or leadership experience, including management of pharmacists and technicians.
(Open Ended Question)
- * In 100 words or less, please describe the pharmacy operations model with which you are most familiar.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter