Office Assistant III
Position Title:Office Assistant III Position Number:10043964 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/22/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Office Assistant III on the Dahlonega campus. The Dahlonega Office Assistant III performs front desk responsibilities for the Academic Advising Center, such as accessing BANNER information to answer questions and provide basic advising information to students in person, over the phone, and via email. The Office Assistant III also notifies advisors of appointment arrivals and reschedules appointments in the absence of advisors. The Office Assistant III hires, trains, and supervises student workers and provides clerical and administrative support to the Associate Director of Advising, the Advising Coordinator, and academic advisors, such as scheduling meetings, reserving rooms, taking meeting minutes, completing special projects, and other duties as assigned. The Associate reviews travel forms for advising staff on the Dahlonega, Gainesville, Oconee, and Cumming campuses to ensure accuracy. This position reports directly to the Advising Coordinator, Dahlonega.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Office Assistant III will:
- Look up information in BANNER, answers student questions and provides basic advising information to students in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Notify advisors of appointment arrivals and reschedules appointments in the absence of advisors.
- Hire, train, and supervise student assistants.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Associate Director, Advising Coordinator, and advising team when needed, such as scheduling meetings, reserving rooms, taking meeting minutes, and other duties as assigned.
- Complete special projects assigned by Associate Director or Advising Coordinator.
- Review travel forms for Dahlonega, Gainesville, Cumming, and Oconee campus advisors to insure accuracy.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, and high school counselors.
- A strong background as a team player.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to manage multiple tasks and prioritize duties.
- A background in working with diversity.
- High School Diploma or GED.; Associate Degree strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years of clerical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- BANNER experience preferred; experience with online appointment-booking system preferred.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office required; front desk experience required.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.