Plumbing Shop Supervisor
Facilities Management is an award winning team that provides a wide variety of plumbing services to the University of Arizona campus. We are interested in a qualified leader who is passionate about the plumbing trade and leading and building a great team. Leaders in Facilities Management Maintenance Services are highly skilled in their trade, possess good people skills and are interested in mentoring their staff. We are looking for a Plumbing Shop Supervisor to provide oversight and leadership to the plumbing shop by training and developing, planning scheduling, assigning and monitoring the work of assigned staff and who is interested in helping to build a world class organization.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinatesthe day-to-day activities of Plumbing Shop employees to ensure that productionequipment, machinery, or instruments function reliably and safely and thatfacilities, buildings, and plants are in good working order.
- Works withshop leads to prioritize and assigns tasks so that the team’s resources areused effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Plans anddevelops work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of paintingexpenditures and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Serve asprimary point of contact for Plumbing shop requests from the campus communityfor maintenance, renovations work, and renovations. Provide excellent customerservice throughout any paint project.
- Inspectscompleted work to check that repairs have been completed correctly and thatmachinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Trains orinforms employees of new work methods or procedures, changes in safetyregulations and work policies.
- Coaches andmentors maintenance staff and assists them to diagnose more complex problemswith machinery or equipment.
- Maintainstime, payroll and material records and submits reports as required.
- Makesdecisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees,or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
- Interpretsuniversity and department policies to assigned personnel and enforces safetyregulations and adheres to proper codes and standards.
- Ensuresbudgeting guidelines are met; prioritizes shop expenditures to stay withinbudget; assists in preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Estimatesmaterial and labor.
- Monitors theacquisition and use of materials.
- Journey worker Certification
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Generally requires a Bachelor's degree.