As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the management of IACUC protocols, including:
- Administrative pre-review of protocols and amendments
- Manage protocol/amendment review process
- Perform grant congruency reviews
- Preparation of protocol and amendment documents for monthly meetings
Assist in performing post-approval monitoring, to include:
- Pre-lab inspections; help with lab set-up for new investigators; lab visits
- Review of surgical records and drug labeling/storage/secondary containers
- Education related to compliance with animal activities
- Assistance with protocol amendments
- Identify issues or trends related to animal welfare regulatory compliance
- Perform data entry on incoming protocol amendments
- Assist in preparing reports, summaries, spreadsheets and drafts for the IACUC
- Assist Assistant Director and other IACUC program support personnel, as needed
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Musthave a CPIA certification or be able to obtain a CPIA certification within oneyear of being hired
- Prior husbandry and/or research experience involving animals
- Prior experience in IACUC program
Open Date10/7/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.