Part-Time Office Assistant II
Perform the full-range of clerical duties in supportof the Adult Basic Education Office.Responsibilities
- Perform a full-range of clerical duties in support of the Adult Basic Education Office. Duties include answering correspondence, report preparation, processing a variety of documents, opening and distributing office mail as appropriate. Handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and makes decisions independently according to established guidelines
- Process applications, contracts, student records and/or forms by verifying information, entering data into computer system, securing appropriate signatures, forwarding to other departments and/or agencies for processing, notifying students and/or employees of their status in the process of requesting additional information according to established policies and procedures.
- Retrieve, receive, and compile data from several sources, compare information to verify its completeness and prepares informational and/or statistical reports detailing requisite data according to established guidelines. Organize and transmit information electronically to other agencies and/or departments for processing.
- Track and monitor department budget accounts, record expenditures, and prepare reports according to established procedures.
- Confer with supervisor to discuss work processes, plans, actions to be taken and appropriate work assignments/schedules for office, provides information, and receives instruction and guidance.
- Provide information and/or training in policies and procedures of the department. Work to resolve problem situations using independent judgment and decision making according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: One year (1) applicable experience
DESIRABLES: Bilingual in English/Spanish
SALARY: $14.76 per hour. Typical work hours are 4:30pm - 8:30pm Monday - Thursday
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Knowledge of specific processes, policies, and procedures of office management and workflow procedures to include effective management of workload, i.e. prioritizing, and organizing work.
- Knowledge and skill in various word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and integrated information software, systems, and associated hardware, e.g. personal computers.
- Skill in gathering, compiling, and presenting information in oral and/or written form.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skill as applied to interaction with a culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to analyze situations, develop solutions, and make independent decisions based on established guidelines.
- Skill in processing a variety of financial and non-financial transactions, verify accuracy, match against documentation, code to proper account, prepare necessary forms or reports, post transactions, and reconcile and retrieve information as needed.