Job no: 493094
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications
The recruiter will work with campus faculty, staff, managers and leadership to customize and execute proactive talent outreach efforts. The recruiter’s mission is to assess and understand the workforce and business needs of our internal customers and to leverage innovative and creative networking and relationship-building techniques to attract and engage talented, diverse and well-matched candidates.
If you enjoy providing excellent service through strategic business conversations with managers, understand how to assess workforce needs, have a knack for creating problem-solving, and like the challenge of recruiting passive job candidates, this is the job for you!
You'll be working with a team of people who work hard, trust and support each other, and collaborate to overcome challenges and seize opportunities. We are breaking new ground nearly every day in Human Resources as we work to implement our People Strategy across campus. Come join us and let's work to innovate new and collaborative approaches to producing the best-qualified applicant pools our campus has ever seen!
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
60% of the time the Recruiter will:
• Develop and use creative and innovative networking methods to locate passive candidates who may be an ideal fit for a department or college’s current and future academic programs, mission and business needs.
• Engage department or college leadership in conversations that identify talent needs weeks or months in advance of the official recruitment effort.
• Initiate unsolicited conversations with prospective candidates to learn their career goals and introduce them to Boise State’s culture, relevant employment opportunities and excellent benefits.
• Establish and maintain trusting, high-value relationships and partnerships with campus staff, faculty, and leadership, in competently assessing and strategically servicing their workforce-related needs.
35% of the time the Recruiter will:
• Plan and lead activities that locate, attract and connect diverse candidates to the University in both a social and professional capacity.
• Document, organize and maintain relevant information on prospective candidates, and use that information to efficiently match those candidates to current and future job openings.
• Occasionally coordinate certain searches and recruitment efforts, including posting jobs online, providing customer service to department hiring managers throughout the recruiting/hiring process, and assisting with coordinating the interview and offer phases.
• Demonstrated experience engaging in recruiting activities that go beyond the routine posting of jobs.
• Demonstrated experience with using creativity and innovation to locate and attract talented job candidates.
• Understanding of why a diverse workforce benefits an employer, and what conditions make a work environment "inclusive" vs. not inclusive.
• Proficient and practiced in using technology to manage your recruiting activities.
• Ability to take performance goals and organize your daily work in pursuit and achievement of those goals.
Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
Preferred Qualifications:• Bachelor's or Master's degree in business-related field or organizational development.
• Understanding of workforce and workplace dynamics and ability to identify the factors that will impact the success and engagement of a new employee.
• Experience in employee relations or other HR role where you developed an understanding of human behavior and workplace culture.
• Experience searching for, locating, "cold-calling", and developing relationships with passive job candidates - selling them on the career opportunity and all the University has to offer.
• Experience working with hiring managers and coordinating the end-to-end recruitment and hiring process from posting jobs to finalizing the job offer.Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Total Rewards include:
- Lower Cost Health Insurance through the State of Idaho Medical, Vision and Dental coverage.9.27% employer contribution to your TIAA-CREF Retirement Plan.Plenty of Paid Time Off with 11 paid holidays plus up to 24 vacation days and 12 sick days per year.Affordable Education with our Tuition Fee Waiver for employees and/or their dependents.Commute for FREE on the Valley Regional Transit bus route network.Stay Healthy with discounted rates for membership at our beautiful Campus Recreation Center.
Please attach a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position. Include a copy of your resume or CV showing work history and dates of employment.
Advertised: October 09, 2020
Applications close: October 19, 2020