Counselor/Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Professional
Job no: 493127
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Advertised: October 09, 2020
Applications close: November 30, 2020
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide a range of direct and indirect professional counseling services for Boise State University students. Services include treatment for the full range of mental conditions from "V Codes" to complex mental disorders.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
- Provide direct clinical services to clients/patients through: crisis intervention, safety assessments, coordination of emergency interventions and resources.
- Collaborate and consult with behavioral/mental health, psychiatric and medical providers and others.
- Assisting with medication related issues as required
- Manage CARE reports
- Maintain electronic medical and other records, including registries for high risk clients/patients
- Ability and knowledge to work with a highly integrated clinical team
- Relationship building and solution focused skills
- Ability to maintain an open communication style
- Experience in case management
- Good knowledge of: providing crisis counseling; problem solving; ethical principles.
- Experience: using intervention strategies, mastery of personal and interpersonal dynamics, assessment skills, diagnosis, abnormal behavior
- Master’s Degree or equivalent level of relevant professional experience
- A current and unrestricted license from the State of Idaho. Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor or Social Worker (LCPC or LCSW)
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please submit a resume with employment history (including dates) as well as a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the role.