Location: Baker College Metro Campus (Dental Hygiene Building - Clinton Township)
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Work Schedule: Varies - Up to 28 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Application Deadline: November 9, 2020
Available To: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of MAINTENANCE (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College Metro Campus (Dental Hygiene Building - Clinton Township).General Statement of Duties:
Perform work involving routine maintenance of equipment, buildings, grounds, parking lots, landscape/ flower beds, minor electrical, and painting. Duties also involve special cleaning of safety equipment and salting the parking lots/sidewalks.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED - Required
- Must have 2 years maintenance experience
- Must have knowledge of operation of tools and equipment
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Maintain a valid State of Michigan driver’s license and be able to operate College-owned vehicles and equipment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer skills and Google Apps
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 50 lbs
- Maintenance of the equipment, other maintenance vehicles and supply requisitions for your assigned area
- Perform work involving routine maintenance of equipment, buildings, grounds, parking lots, landscape/ flower beds, trimming trees, shrubs, weeds, and trash removal
- Perform minor electrical, minor plumbing and painting
- Must install and move furniture
- Must set up room for classes and events
- Must complete the rekeying of locks and other door hardware repair
- Perform carpet repair
- Perform some parking lot repairs and salting the parking lots/sidewalks
- Unloading delivery trucks
- Complete annual forklift training - where applicable.
- Daily visual and periodic written instructions of areas, established schedules and business standards
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule
- Must maintain a clear line of communication with management in deficiencies or defective areas within your assigned work area
- Must periodically review job performance with immediate supervisor
- Other duties assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email by November 9, 2020, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.