Custodian - Part Time
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleCustodian - Part TimeDepartmentUNT-Facilities-Gen-152000Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimePart-TimeSalary Information$ 796.66 MonthlyDepartment Summary
Facilities is a service organization responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance, and repair of University buildings and facilities; and the provision of utilities, vehicle rental, refuse collection, custodial and other services essential to the mission of the University of North Texas.
For more information go to:
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation work of the University, or on special projects. Work involves the performance of cleaning and sanitation work in an assigned building or work area, and occasional special project work.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Cleaning work and custodial care of University buildings. Work involves the performance of cleaning and sanitation work in an assigned building or work area, and occasional special project work.
• UNT Custodial Service provides an exceptionally clean and sanitary environment for students, faculty, and visitors for learning, teaching, research and work.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a part time, benefits eligible position of 20 hours a week.Minimum Qualifications
There are no minimum education or experience requirements.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions ability to read and understand labels on chemicals.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring and mixing chemicals).
• Sufficient knowledge of cleaning methods and the proper use of cleaning equipment.
• Ability to operate vacuum cleaner, floor waxer, floor buffer, and other cleaning equipment.
• Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating cleaning equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
• Ability to recognize and to report maintenance needs in buildings.
• Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
• Stable employment record
• Physically able to perform work involving standing, stooping, the operation of cleaning equipment, and lifting of trash and equipment.
Monday – Friday 12:30 am – 4:30 amDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleCustodianPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Cleaning, Kneeling, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Grasp, Talk or Hear, Climbing, Crawling, Lifting or moving up to 75 pounds, Sitting, Twisting, Writing Job Duties o
Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, waxes, and buffs floors, hallways, and stairways and cleans and vacuums, carpets and rugs.o
Cleans and dusts furniture, walls, ceilings, windows, windowsills, woodwork, and other building surfaces.o
Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, baths, commodes, urinals, lavatories, drinking fountains, and other fixtures.o
Picks up and removes trash and other waste from building and cleans waste receptacles and transports recyclable materials to drop off point on a scheduled basis.o
Unlocks building doors as required for building functions and programs.o
Moves furniture for cleaning purposes.o
Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.Posting NumberS1199PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39932Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you able to work from 12:30 am to 4:30 am?
- Cover Letter
- Other Document