Contract and Grant Officer 2
Contract and Grant Officer 2🔍Business Affairs, Redwood City, California, United States📁Finance📅Oct 08, 2020 Post Date📅87488 Requisition #Job Title: Contract and Grant Officer 2 (This is a two-year fixed term position.)
Job Family: Finance
Job Series: Contract and Grant Administrator
Job Code: 4478
- Conduct comprehensive analysis and negotiation of complex non-sponsored, research-related agreements.
- Conduct formal solicitation, negotiation, and administration of grants and contracts, by government and non-government sponsors, including complex, non-routine proposals and awards for sponsored projects.
- Advise and assist department administrators, principal investigators, and staff; interpret and explain agreement provisions and terms.
- Resolve problems arising in the course of the project; consult with department administrators, principal investigators, staff, and sponsors.
- Partner with others to serve as a resource to educate units regarding institutional processes.
- A remote worker arrangement may be considered for candidates with the appropriate background and experience. Remote workers’ schedules are based in the Pacific Time zone.
- Advanced knowledge of contracting and related processes
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate knowledge and ideas both verbally and in writing with clarity and effectiveness
- Make good decisions based on critical and analytical thinking, experience and judgement
- Deliver high quality service and work products that can be relied upon by clients and colleagues to meet business requirements
- Drive change and continuous improvement through individual contributions
- Demonstrated curiosity and comfort with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Frequently sitting, grasping lightly, use fine manipulation and a computer (keyboard, mouse, monitor).
- Occasionally use a telephone, rarely stand/walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, write by hand, sort, and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely lift, carry push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May have occasional extended or weekend work hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with colleagues and clients.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4478
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87488