Life Science Technician 1 (One Year Fixed Term)
Life Science Technician 1 (One Year Fixed Term)🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Oct 09, 2020 Post Date📅87505 Requisition #The Department of Ophthalmology at Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Technician I to join the lab of Dr. Jeffrey Goldberg, Professor of Ophthalmology, to perform basic functions and activities involved in defined research projects, and conduct and analyze experiments under supervision. To learn more about our department, please visit: http://med.stanford.edu/ophthalmology.htmlDuties and responsibilities include:
- Perform basic and skilled techniques in support of lab’s research goals.
- Primary Cell Tissue Culture
- Animal maintenance
- Animal dissection
- Animal eye surgical procedures
- Maintain accurate documentation of experimental protocols and perform mathematical analysis of data.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand.
- Ability to stand and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Occasionally lift and handle materials up to 10 pounds
- Rarely carry/pull and/or push up to 20 pounds
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/hr-processes-policiespolicies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5638
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: A18
- Department URL: http://ophthalmology.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87505