Sustainability-Communications and Multimedia Specialist
Sustainability-Communications and Multimedia Specialist🔍Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Redwood City, California, United States📁Facilities📅Oct 09, 2020 Post Date📅87501 Requisition #Welcome to Land, Buildings & Real EstateLand, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is the operational core of Stanford University’s physical campus. LBRE constructs and maintains the Stanford campus, where advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. Our work is founded upon the collective value of dedication, innovation, expertise, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We are committed to serving the university’s academic mission, as well as preserving and enhancing Stanford’s 8,180 acres, and pride ourselves on supporting the teaching and research of the university as “Caretakers of a Legacy." The Department of Sustainability and Energy Management (SEM) brings an integrated and deliberate focus to campus sustainability. The department works to advance sustainability in campus operations, optimizing and prioritizing efficiency in all aspects of campus life, from resource and utility management, to transportation and community behavior. SEM develops strategic, long-term goals that help reduce Stanford's environmental impact, supporting the university’s commitment to be a good environmental steward. Are you a creative communicator who can generate dynamic content about sustainability, environmental conservation, and higher education that is accessible and engaging for a broad audience? Are you a strategic thinker who can amplify the impact of content by shaping it for the right digital and media channels to drive participation and build community? Can you leverage partnerships to amplify your communications across a variety of avenues? The Office of Sustainability (OOS) in Stanford’s Department of Sustainability and Energy Management is looking for a skilled communicator who is versed in multimedia content production, to join its outreach team in support of the Sustainable Stanford brand and conservation programs on campus. This is a unique opportunity for an environmentally minded communicator to support a diverse portfolio and work with groups across campus to advance innovative sustainability programs. Immediate Opening: Job Title: Sustainability Program Manager 1
Business Title: Communications and Multimedia Specialist
Job Series: Sustainability
Job Code: 4431
Grade: G As a Communications and Multimedia Specialist you will develop materials and partnerships to drive engagement in OOS’s Cardinal Green programs and campaigns, and its individual action platform, My Cardinal Green. You will work with the Outreach Program Manager to plan and execute outreach strategies and be responsible for creating dynamic supporting collateral in a variety of content forms and channels (web, video, print, social media). You will have adept analytical skills to evaluate these efforts and understand emerging technologies that can help advance campus programs. What you will do in this role:The Communications and Multimedia Specialist will: You will be responsible for (but not limited to): 1. Build brand awareness for Sustainable Stanford (45%)
- Develop, execute, and manage multimedia content, including but not limited to print, web, graphic, and video, across multiple channels
- Develop flexible, adaptable content for partner use and dissemination
- Manage the Cardinal Green monthly newsletter, and graphic content creation
- Support content creation for the Sustainable Stanford website
- Manage Sustainable Stanford social media
- Maintain oversight of the My Cardinal Green network and develop outreach materials to increase participation
- Partner with campus departments, student life offices and sustainability groups to promote program engagement
- Support sustainability trainings on campus and develop digital content in support of the program
- Manage the Sustainable Stanford Internship Program
- Serve as the primary point of contact for student sustainability groups and leverage partnerships to align priorities and projects
- Maintain and oversee student project database to facilitate living laboratory projects
- Conceptualize and plan campus-wide events that support sustainability programming
- Plan and execute the annual Celebrating Sustainability Earth Day Festival
- Manage the Cardinal Green Event Program
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- Interest in and academic background in sustainability field.
- Must have strong writing and graphic experience
- Solid knowledge of the current media/social media landscape, including web and video development
- Must be inquisitive and self-driven
- able to plan and execute projects on a timeline
- have good instincts for design and understand how to analyze and report on data
- Skilled in HTML/CSS, Drupal a plus
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Demonstrated multimedia experience
- Proven success in social media distribution and conducting data analytics
- Community engagement experience
- Experience working in an environmental/academic setting
- Highly organized; able to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated curiosity and the ability to bring projects to fruition
- Meticulous attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Strong MS Office suite skills
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro a plus
- Video design experience a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with team members and groups across campus,
- A balanced sense of environmental stewardship
- Familiarity with higher education organizational and operational structures, ability to objectively think through impact of initiatives in an institutional setting, a plus.
- Frequently sitting, perform desk-based computer tasks, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Work on weekends and evenings
- Work involves long hours of standing and sustained communications/dialogue
- May work in mechanical equipment rooms, kitchens, waste management areas, construction sites.
- Travel, local and non-local.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4431
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87501