Grants Specialist (part-time)
DescriptionUniversityof Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: TheSkaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS)Job Title: Grants Specialist (part-time)Position#686426 – Requisition #19355 * Applications are acceptedelectronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeksindividuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning andworking environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Who We Are:The University of Colorado AnschutzMedical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront oflife-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receivesover $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largesthealth professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchersand a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drivesinnovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleledpatient care. Read CU AnschutzQuick Facts here. The Skaggs Schoolof Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS) has an openingfor a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Grants Specialist position. Job Summary:This part-time (20 to 24 hours/week) Grants Specialist position in theSkaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS) is responsiblefor pre- and post-award grants administration. Examples of Work Performed: Pre-Award Grants Administration: Administers, analyzes, interprets, communicates and clarifiesinformation, regulations and policies associated with grant processes by independentlyperforming the following, and determining, developing and implementing newprocesses/procedures for each, where allowed.
- Research andreview program announcements and sponsor websites to determine sponsorrequirements for grant submissions and advise faculty, other departmentpersonnel and students of such. Advisefaculty of upcoming deadlines.
- Develop multi-yearbudgets and other documents for a large volume of new (and often complex) andcompeting renewal proposals of both grants and contracts. Make recommendationsto faculty and others regarding budgets and other issues such as subcontracts, includingcommunicating with subcontractors and subcontractor institutions for necessarydocuments and preparing subcontractor budgets. Prepare electronic applications and review proposals for completenessand accuracy before routing and submission.
- Submit finalelectronic proposals on behalf of faculty, other department personnel andstudents, following up on submission and any associated issues until submissionis complete including Just-In-Time (JIT) requests from sponsors.
- Initiatenon-competing proposal process, completing and submitting on-line applicationand following up until submission is complete.
- Included in thisresponsibility is managing post-award budgets, distributing salary andnon-personnel expenses appropriately across all grant and contract sources,reallocating expenses as needed, establishing subcontracts, and projectingspending for each grant or contract.
- Track expenses onsponsored project funds and others to determine appropriateness. Will be expected to communicate with fundowners on balances and over-expenditures and will need to move expenses viajournal entry (JE) and payroll expense transfer (PET) to ensure appropriatespending. May be asked by faculty to develop projections on spending outbalances before funds expire.
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skillsand experience
- This position is noteligible for overtime compensation
- Your totalcompensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of thebenefits package
- Here is a link toa Total Compensation Calculator
- The Universitywill provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilitiesthroughout the employment application process. To request an accommodationpursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the HumanResources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting andsupporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. Theuniversity strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospectiveemployees.
- Graduation from anaccredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in finance,accounting, business administration, public administration or a closely relatedfield.
- At least one (1)year of pre- or post-award experience
- Substitution: A combination of work experience in the occupation field or specializedsubject area of the work assigned to the job, which provided the same kind,amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, may besubstituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree
- NIH-fundedresearch grant experience.
- Knowledge of andworking experience with PeopleSoft HR and finance systems
- Knowledge of andworking experience with InfoEd electronic research administration (eRA) systemfor grants management
- Proficientcomputer skills and experience with various software programs such as MS Word,Outlook, Excel
- Knowledge offundamental accounting principles and practices
- Possesses knowledgebase in grants and contracts administration and can apply that knowledge to thetask or issue at hand. Interpretation ofterms and conditions and ensuring the correct application of terms andconditions of research awards is essential
- Knowledge of andability to apply diversified financial management skills, with the ability tomanage funds effectively, from a variety of sources
- InterpersonalSkills: Develops and maintains effective communication and workingrelationships with department faculty, personnel and students, other Universityoffices/departments, outside institutions, and sponsors to allow for effectivedissemination and collection of information
- Independently managesmultiple projects and competing timelines, both for external sponsor deadlinesfor proposals, financial reports, closeouts and internal deadlines for payroll processing
- Ability tocommunicate effectively in brief, focused and well organized oral and writtenformat
- Serves as primarycontact for School of Pharmacy for grants & sponsored research contractsmanagement issues for assigned faculty
- Strong organizationalskills and detail oriented
- Maintainsexcellent working relationships with faculty and the Research Administrationteam
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 9, 2020
Unposting Date: Oct 24, 2020, 12:59:00 AM