DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of MedicineDepartment of Orthopedic SurgeryProfessorThe University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon in the area of Foot and Ankle Surgery with a strong record of scholarly activity and a national reputation as a surgeon, academic, educator and innovator. Responsibilities will primarily be in education (orthopedic residents & fellows, medical students), scholarship, clinical and translational research/innovation, and program advancement.Examples of Work Performed
- Teaching (didactic and in clinical settings) of orthopedic residents, orthopedic fellows and medical students
- Contribution to an established Musculoskeletal Basic Science Curriculum for pre- and postdoctoral trainees
- Continued excellence in scholarly activity
- Mentoring of junior faculty and orthopedic trainees at various levels in maximizing scholarly activity and pursuing the academic track Partnering with Department Leadership and the CU Office of Advancement to nurture and expand advancement activity aimed at endowing key Departmental initiatives, particularly the new Colorado Program for Skeletal Research
- The applicant must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and adaptable in a high-intensity environment.
- Translational and/or clinical research skills are a required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as well.
- Mature connections to local and national stakeholders to facilitate identifying, researching and cultivating prospects for increased major gift giving. Ability to work and contribute as a team player in a growing foot and ankle section and orthopedic department with a focus on program excellence and promotion.
- Board certified/eligible Orthopedic Surgeon
- Rank of Associate Professor or Professor
- Medical License
- Clinical/translational research experience
- Strong publication track record
- 5 years or greater experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Leadership experience on a national and international level preferred.
- Previous experience in advancement/major gift program development a plus.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 9, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing