DSP&S Instructor (Part-Time) Reedley CollegeCampus Location:
Reedley CollegeEssential Functions of Position:
The ideal candidate will share Reedley College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 10,000 students of which 71% are Latinx, 1% are Filipino, 3% are Asian, 2% are African American, 19% are White, and 3% are multiracial. RC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
The instructor will perform the following:
- Utilize resources to develop and implement Developmental Services course curriculum in alignment with the approved course outline of record.
- Engage with and provide specialized instruction to students with disabilities.
- Monitor and track students’ academic performance in courses being taught according to campus requirements and guidelines.
- Participate in assessment of student learning objectives for each course being taught to improve student learning.
- Maintain confidential records; accurately record and complete data entry of information needed to complete mandated reports and service records.
- Serve as an advocate for students with disabilities and work with counselors, faculty and other college staff and community resources to assist students in the pursuit of their educational goals.
- Participate in professional development activities, program development and review activities.
- Assignments may include Monday through Friday; some evenings and Saturdays may be required.
- And otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Possession of a master’s degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in the category of disability, special education, psychology, educational psychology, or rehabilitation counseling;
- Fifteen (15) semester units of upper division or graduate study in the area of disability, to include, but not limited to:
- Learning disabilities;
- Developmental disabilities;
- Deaf and hearing impaired;
- Physical disabilities; or
- Adapted computer technology;
- A valid California Community College Credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All applicants must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Salary and Benefits:
- Include experience counseling with students in college level disabled students programs.
- Experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds.
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom, and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusion of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes.
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students.
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom.
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
- Knowledge of the ADA and Section 504 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Demonstrated experience with learning disabilities assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology.
- Potential for contributing to institutional vitality and growth.
- Ability to work and plan independently.
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.Selection Procedure:
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please withdraw your application.Additional Information:
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.Additional Information about the Position:
RC College Planning SiteOpen Date:
11/15/2017Open Until Filled: